Powers is an american online streaming series adaptation of the namesake comic book series created by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Araon Omeing published by Marvel Comics under the Icon Comics imprint. Marking Playstation's first venture into scripted original programming, the series premiered on March 10, 2015 with a second season premiered on May 31, 2016. In August 3, 2016 was announced that Powers has been cancelled.
The series is ambiented on a world where Superhumams (called Powers in the series) exist, the protagonist is Christian Walker (portrayed by Sharlto Copley), a former "Power" reinvented as an homicide detective after he lost his powers. He and his partner Deena Pilgrim (portrayed by Susan Heyward) work for the Powers Division of the Los Angeles Police Department, investigating crimes involving superhumans, who are at once crimefighting heroes and pop celebrities managed by specialized advertising agencies.
Why it Rocks
- The concept of a Police drama series taking place in a world were Superheroes and Supervillains exist is a very creative and interesting concept.
- Interesting and likeable characters, like Christian Walker, Triphammer, Retro Girl, etc.
- The acting is good.
- The Villain has a very scary power and is very intimidant.
- The superpowers of the characters are very well adapted.
- it becomes more interesting as it progress.
- The actors aren't very similar to the original characters from the comic book and the suits aren't similar to the ones from the comics.
- The first episodes of the first season are weak.
- it was cancelled after the second season.