Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a Japanese anime television series that was produced by Shaft and Aniplex. It was directed by Akiyuki Shinbo and Yukihiro Miyamoto and written by Gen Urobuchi, with original character designs by Ume Aoki, character design adaptation by Takahiro Kishida, and music by Yuki Kajiura.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is about a group of female middle school students who gain magical powers and are tasked to fight and defeat witches after they encounter a small creature called "Kyubey". If they complete their task then Kyubey will grant the students any wish they want.
Why It Rocks
- The show may seem cute in the first 2 episodes, but it had a dark and shocking plot twist in episode 3, making viewers say "What the heck?!"
- While many magical girl shows' purpose is to just be cute, this anime shows how cruel reality can be, even for a magical girl. Making it similar to other dark anime shows such as Berserk (1997), Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul. Even before the AOT and Tokyo Ghoul animes came into existence.
- It even inspired other cute, but horror anime shows like School-Live.
- Awesome animation.
- Good art style.
- Creative character designs for the magical girls.also their enemies.
- Not only the deaths of the magical girls are horrifying, but also lonely and heartbreaking at the same time.
- Amazing soundtrack.
- Homura Akemi may be cold and heartless at first, but it was revealed that she was once a timid and shy black-haired girl just like Madoka. Homura had to use time travel to save her friends, but it keeps resulting her friends to die in one of the worst ways possible. Making her as one of the most tragic heroines in the show.
- Great fight scenes.
- Amazing voice acting.
- It spawned 3 movies, and a spin-off,Magical Record,based on the mobile phone game.
- The first 2 movies are just the entire anime series with improved animation and choreography, while its 3rd movie Rebellion, takes place after the events of the series.
- Rebellion movie is good, but its ending can make you feel empty on the inside. It is still currently unknown if the story is going to continue, or it is the true finale for the franchise.
- It is known that in the future,there would be another movie sequel of that,however no-one knows it's the ending or not.
- Without doing research, the fonts (witch runes) used for witch scenes can be hard to understand.
- Since it inspired many dark magical girl serieses, which some have flaws, except for the incredibly meanspirited series called Magical Girl Site, which started the downfall of the dark magical girl genre.
- The witches and their labyrinths were designed by animation studio Gekidan Inu Curry.
- This Show Inspired other Dark Magical Girls Shows. Like Yuki Yuna is a Hero. and More.