Puppy Dog Pals
Puppy Dog Pals is an American computer-animated television series created by Canadian-American actor/comedian Harland Williams, with Sean Coyle as executive producer, and first aired on Disney Junior in the United States on April 14, 2017. It would receive a spin-off entitled Playtime with Puppy Dog Pals, which first aired on YouTube on August 20, 2018.
Two pug puppy brothers named Bingo and Rolly go on fun adventures around their neighbourhood and the world whenever their owner Bob, an inventor, is away at work.
Why It'll Make You Bow To The Wow
- Very nice CGI animation.
- Catchy songs.
- Many excellent episodes, half of which involve the pups travelling around the world to find solutions to any problems, like bringing back sand from Hawaii, going to France to get bread for French Toast, retrieving a prized baseball, searching for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, delivering a Mother's Day card, solving the mystery of missing dinners on a pet-friendly train, helping Santa Claus, etc.
- Good voice acting.
- Very memorable characters, such as:
- Bingo (the older, mature leader of the brothers) and Rolly (the younger, silly brother who loves to chew on everything he can find)
- Bob (Bingo and Rolly's owner)
- Hissy (a cynical purple tabby cat who cares for Bingo and Rolly like a big sister)
- A.R.F. (Auto-Doggy Robotic Friend, a robot dog built by Bob and do anything from cleaning to transforming into a motorcycle to drive Bingo and Rolly around)
- Bulworth (a junkyard dog who provides Bingo and Rolly with anything they need for their missions)
- Jonathan (a seagull who sounds like the late great Don Knotts)
- Cupcake (a pink Maltese dog who acts as the antagonist to Bingo and Rolly)
- Rufus (an oafish bulldog who serves Cupcake as her minion)
- Keia (an energetic female pup who is the pups' next-door neighbour and joins them on their adventures)
- Lollie (a female black and white Cavalier King Charles Spaniel pup who Bingo, Rolly, and Keia make friends with at Puppy Playcare, who is very handicapable and also joins them on their adventures)
- Ana (Lollie's owner and Bob's girlfriend/wife)
- Auggie and Mo (two young puppy siblings of different breeds who also join Bingo and Rolly on their adventures)
- Buster (a male boxer pup) and Leo (an energetic and acrobatic kitten)
- Roxy (a female Cocker Spaniel pup) and Nougat (a tomboyish piglet)
- The spin-off, Playtime with Puppy Dog Pals, is also good, being all about Bingo and Rolly and their friends just living their daily lives instead of going on adventures.
- Occasionally, Bingo and Rolly (and also any of their friends Keia, Lollie, Auggie, Mo, Buster, Leo, Roxy, and Nougat) get distracted from their mission and wander off. However, they do attempt to get back on track.
- For some people, it may be considered a rip-off of PAW Patrol.
- Some outdated references to dabbing in one episode.
- Harland Williams made this cartoon based on his own two pups, Captain Chili Dog (a Chihuahua) and Fisherman Bob (a rare Korean Jindo). When he would leave the house, Williams would put a newspaper down in the pups' room. He would imagine his dogs reading the headlines and going on missions while he was at work.