Rate-A-Rooney (Liv and Maddie)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Rate-A-Rooney" is the 10th episode of the second season of Liv and Maddie, as well as the 31st overall.
Liv, Maddie, and their friends confront a fellow schoolmate who has been giving them numeric ratings based on looks.
Why It Rocks
- This episode challenges sexism against girls in which they are judged by their looks.
- A very positive message that "you don't have to change who you are to fit someone else's idea of what a girl is supposed to be."
- The song Liv writes, "What a Girl Is", is both beautiful and catchy.
- The sub-plot of Parker and Joey wanting their own areas in their room was creative and hilarious, because of the ideas they had and the competition. It also has a heartwarming ending where they make up.
- The mini sub-plot involving Pete wanting to dispose of five ugly things for his birthday is also hilarious, and has the moral that "being an ugly thing doesn't mean it's useless", when at the end, Pete and Karen use the ugly things to make thunder sounds so their sons can make up.
- This also references Karen being a hoarder that was first mentioned in "Brain-A-Rooney".