Rise (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
"Rise" is the twenty-fourth episode (Episode 13B) of the second season of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the seventieth episode overall in the series, and is the season 2 finale. It first aired on August 7th, 2020.
When the turtles find their ninpo, they must defeat Shredder once and for all.
Why It Rocks
- The Turtles display true maturity in this episode and see their absolute best behavior.
- It shows a great representation of Family, as we see how the Turtles and Splinter and April have really showed true love for each other.
- Excellent Character development between the Turtles and Baron Draxum and Cassandra Jones (Though Draxum was a victim of Half-Baked Redemption).
- Great scene where Raph admits all the stress he has, making him feel very relatable.
- Gorgeous Animation at it's absolute best it will ever be. It looks as nice as another Series Finale In Cartoon History.
- The Turtles look absolutely badass, showing the excellent character they have seen.
- The final showdown between the Turtles and Shredder is Badass and is just as awesome As another showdown in Cartoon History.
- Heartwarming Ending and (If so), an excellent ending to the Series. (Though we can't confirm it yet).
- This may be the Series Finale as Nickelodeon has put the series on a long hiatus. While a movie is set to be released this year in 2021, it is unknown if this is the Season Finale to Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This includes the fact that Nickelodeon didn't even announce a third season of the show.
Rise currently holds a 9.9/10 on IMDb and received Universal Acclaim from critics and fans. This remains to be the highest rated episode of the series.
- After a few episodes of clues (going by "Grandma CJ", having sporting equipment and memorabilia in her bedroom), it is finally confirmed that the "Foot Recruit" is named Cassandra Jones, this continuity's incarnation of Casey Jones.
- The second season of the series supposedly had 26 episodes, but at least 13 episodes were cut due to the series being put on hold.
- Because of that, this episode and the previous three episodes had a total production time of six weeks.
- The creators confirmed that the series was not cancelled, but it is put on a heavy hold until further notice.
- This is currently the highest rated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode of any Animated Ninja Turtles Series.
- The scene where the Turtles fight Shredder, received tons of reactions and got a lot of people to watching this series.