Rocket Power is an American animated television series created by Arlene Klasky and Gábor Csupó, the creators of Rugrats and The Wild Thornberrys. The series ran on Nickelodeon for four seasons from 1999 to 2004.
The show revolves around the everyday lives of four friends; Oswald "Otto" Rocket, his sister, Regina "Reggie" Rocket, Sam "Squid" Dullard, and Maurice "Twister" Rodriguez. They spend their free time playing extreme sports, such as surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding and roller skating. They also get into various situations and try to conquer life's ups and downs.
Why It Rocks
- Catchy and rocking theme song. You can listen to it here.
- Plenty of likable characters, like Otto, Reggie, Twister, Sam, Ray Rocket and Tito.
- Ocean Shore is an interesting place as the show's main setting.
- Smooth animation.
- Great voice acting from the main cast.
- Beautifully drawn backgrounds.
- It shows us what it's like to be an athlete, like the characters.
- It teaches us how to go through various situations.
- Twister has several funny moments in some episodes.
- There are a handful of really good well written and unforgettable episodes.
- Some episodes talk about important topics, like time Sam suffers an Asthma attack.
- Professional skateboarder Tony Hawk makes a special guest appearance in the series.
- The characters designs are pretty weird.
- Otto's big ego occasionally gets annoying.
- Can be seen as pandering, especially nowadays.
- Lars Rodriguez is very unlikable and he always constantly bullies his own brother Twister.
- It holds a rating of 6.8 out of 100 on IMDB, 3 out of 5 on Common Sense Media, 7.1 out of 10 on Rating Graph and 83% on Rotten Tomatoes.