Sábado Animado (1995-2007, 2020-present)
Sábado Animado is a children's and weekly cartoon program from SBT, aired since November 25, 1995. It is known for being (along with Bom Dia & Cia) one of the longest-running children's programs on Brazilian TV, as well as its vast amount of animated cartoons transmitted, surpassing that of many other Brazilian children's programs.
Why It Rocks
- It’s considered to be the best Brazilian saturday morning cartoons block ever made, due of the various animated shows and animated films they air since its premiere in 1995.
- Good hosts like Maisa Silva, Yudi Tamashiro and Priscila Alcântara, Matheus Ueta, Ana Vitória Zimmermann and Ana Júlia Souza. Jackeline Petkovic also deserves a special mention.
- Like Bom Dia & Cia, it airs or aired great cartoons and anime.
- Also they air awesome animated films, mostly the majority of Warner Bros. and Mattel films.
- Also like Bom Dia & Cia, the block has incredible games to the viewers play in the block calling to the block's phone number (which is the same one of Bom Dia & Cia) or virtually via Skype and amazing prices, especially PlayStation.
- As well with Bom Dia & Cia, it had funny moments from the block's former hosts Yudi, Priscila and Maisa.
- It went downhill in 2007-2020, due for not longer being a 100% saturday morning cartoon block and Mattel cartoons and films starting to become the main focus of the block.
- Aired some bad cartoons.
- Some of the cartoons were or are excessively rerun in the block, mainly with the Mattel cartoons.
- In the 2009-2010, 2010-2014 and 2014-2017 intros, one of the Greens shout out the F-word at the end of the intro (it means caralho in Portuguese). This caused a controversy with the block audience's parents.
- Contrary to the popular belief that Maisa Silva was the first host of Sábado Animado, in reality she wasn't the block's first host. This position goes to Jackeline Petkovic, who was the first host of the block in 2000.