SB-129 (SpongeBob SquarePants)
"SB-129" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season one. In this episode, Squidward accidentally freezes himself for 2,000 years and experiences complications while using a time machine.
Fleeing from SpongeBob and Patrick's consistent noise, Squidward winds up frozen.
Why It Should Be Preserved
- The episode introduces future versions of SpongeBob and Patrick named SpongeTron and PatTron who are basically SpongeBob and Patrick 2000 years later.
- The episode was also known for being funny, creative and it has a lot of amazing visuals.
- It's also really funny how Squidward became the inventor of Jellyfishing since he started it on a time when Jellyfishing isn't a real hobby.
- It's also nice to see that Squidward even admits that he misses SpongeBob, even though he hates him.
- Because SpongeBob is a cartoon, there's a lot of interesting stuff in the episode that wouldn't even happen in real life like how Squidward survived for 2000 years without any food or water.
- The episode even did a decent remake of the SpongeBob SquarePants end credits music.
- Regarding the funny visual, Squidward's clarinet mouth is also a really funny scene.
- The iconic "Future" scene by Squidward.
- If the previous episode started the time card trend, this episode started the trend of the narrator saying the name of the title card.
The only Bad Quality
- Like "Pizza Delivery", it feels like a Squidward torture episode too.
- According to a calendar in the future mentioning the date March 6, 4017, the present day takes place on March 6, 2017.
- Some scenes from the episode were shown in the special, "Ugh".
- The 2000 Years Later title card has indeed became a meme, with it being used in a lot of Youtube Poop videos.
- The episode also famously started the SpongeGar meme as well.
- This episode premiered on New Years Eve.