PAW Patrol is a CGI-animated Canadian show created by Keith Chapman for Nickelodeon. It started its run in 2013.
Ryder leads a team of rescue pups (Marshall, Rubble, Chase, Rocky, Zuma and Skye) who save their town from everyday emergencies, whether it's finding missing elephants, fixing windmills or another minor mishap involving clumsy Cap'n Turbot.
Why It Rocks
- Pretty good CGI animation.
- Great humor and funny characters, such as Cap'n Turbot.
- Most of the episodes have very intriguing plots.
- Ryder is a good role model, he demonstrates leadership efficiently.
- Adorable character designs, especially the rescue pups.
- Morally educational, as it teaches good lessons about teamwork, the importance of where you live, social responsibility and taking care of difficult situations.
- Catchy theme song.
- Might encourage children to help their fellow residents, which is beautifully executed in the show.
- Decent voice acting.
- Reasonably easy for toddlers to understand, and it's not pandering.
- Some of the emergencies the pups have to face are relatable, especially to children, and sometimes to adults.
- The layout of the episodes can get repetitive and tedious.
- While decent, Season 1 isn’t as good as Season 2 onwards.
- Chase, Marshall, and Rocky are overused in the episodes, "at the expenses" of other main characters especially Zuma.
- When the pups sing, they sound scratchy.
- Similar to bad shows like Peppa Pig, Postman Pat (Special Delivery Service) and Fireman Sam (Season 6-present), the show commonly introduces new characters, vehicles, concepts and locations just to sell toys and nothing else.
- Unfortunately, the series started to "jump the shark" with the episode "Dino Rescue: Pups and the Lost Dino Eggs", where dinosaurs actually exist in the show (the series was set during the modern times) when in reality dinosaurs were extinct 201.3 million years ago.
PAW Patrol got a 6.8/10 on IMDb and and 8/10 on TV.com.
- A film, based on cartoon show, is scheduled to be released on August 20, 2021, with Cal Brunker, the director of Escape from Planet Earth and The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature will direct this film.