Sanders Sides is a web series starring Thomas Sanders and written by Sanders and Joan S. On the series, Thomas projects the different aspects of his personality into four main characters called the Sanders Sides. With them, Thomas has conversations where he analyses the various inner conflicts or dilemmas he goes through in his life and tries to find solutions for them.
Why It Rocks
- A show about a guy who talks about personal stuff to different aspects of his personality is an interesting concept.
- Thomas portrays the sides pretty decently.
- Catchy theme song and greatly edited intro from season 2. Season 1, however, used Thomas' Youtube intro.
- In a few episodes, there would be cameos from celebrities like Butch Hartman, Tara Strong, & Leslie Odom Jr.
- Logan's a good role model.
- Great episodes like Dealing with Intrusive Thoughts, Am I Original, and Why Do We Get Out of Bed in the Morning.
- Patton is pretty adorable for a dad character.
- Janus and Remus are both great antagonists. Even though Virgil was a decent antagonist in season 1.
- There's a Patreon account owned by Thomas but run by Janus. It's called Janus' Corridor of Stored Rewards.
- Great jokes that are a mix of comedy and sometimes emotion.
- Each episode teaches us great morals.
- Even though it's supposed to be a kids show, there can be some severe or mild swear words. But the severe ones are censored. Unfortunately, some of the mild ones are uncensored.
- Virgil can get way too paranoid.
- Remus, while also a good antagonist, isn't focused on enough and rarely appears in the series. And the episodes that are focused on him aren't for family viewing.
- The episodes from season 1 were way too short.
The show received mostly positive reviews. It has a 7.4 rating on IMDb.
- Logic, Morality and Creativity are based off of Teacher Guy, Dad Guy and Prince Guy, three characters created by Thomas Sanders that were featured on his Vine series, Sanders Shorts (2013).
- Started as a one-off vlog, its success led to its establishment as a long term web series.
- In season one, when filming of an episode was done usually in a day, two at most, except in times when it was impossible to do so, Thomas Sanders filmed all the scenes of one of the Sanders Sides, then changed costume and filmed all the scenes of the next character, an so on until done.
- Morality's birthday has been established on January 15, as the Dad Guy was first introduced on January 15, 2014 in Sanders Shorts: Dad's Jokes Just Became Legit (2014); Princey's birthday has been established on June 4, because the Prince Guy was first introduced in June 4, 2014 in Sanders Shorts: Fairytale with a Twist: Sleeping Beauty (2014); and Logic's birthday has been established on November 3, as the Teacher Guy was first introduced on November 3, 2014 in Sanders Shorts: These Troublemakers (2014).
- From November 2018, Thomas Sanders started publishing in his Facebook account new versions of all the episodes of the series. These versions were almost the same as the original YouTube versions, but they included the season 2 intro card and some shots were shortened or cut out, mainly references to YouTube.