Schlock Star (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
"Schlock Star" is the sixth episode in the fifth season of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.
A rock 'n' roll band called Pizza Party, formed by a group of imaginary friends, annoy Bloo by not allowing him to be their lead singer, so he decides to form his own band with Wilt, Eduardo, and Coco called Taco Fiesta. Soon, they are challenged to a "Battle of the Bands".
Why It Rocks (Pun Intended)
- Watching some of the imaginary friends playing their garage band at the start was pretty good, along with Bloo's band, Taco Fiesta, despite Bloo making it tedious for both band but was thankfully kicked out from the first one.
- Depending on your view, Bloo's quote "Hey, it's Noon:30!" at the start is pretty funny.
- The costumes Bloo puts Wilt, Eduardo and Coco into for his band look pretty decent, along with the many ones shown by Bloo during Goo's cameo.
- Watching Pizza Party become famous thanks to Mac was great to watch, but it's even better when we get to see Pizza Party & Taco Fiesta's performances at Foster's - which were just amazing, catchy and flawless.
- Goo's cameo as the news reporter/announcer of the Battle of the Bands was great to watch, and she even makes fun of Bloo's selfish actions.
- The way Mac saves Bloo from getting booed by the audience was kind and helpful, as the two bands sing Pizza Party's famous song and Mac helps Bloo sing the lyrics.
- Good Ending: Mac saves Bloo from getting booed by the audience by getting Taco Fiesta & Pizza Party to sing Pizza Party's famous song & helps Bloo sing the lyrics. After finishing off their song, they sit outside Foster's drinking some root beer, and Pizza Party offer Bloo as the special effects manager and he gets his comeuppance when Frankie shouts at him for burning the house.
The Only Bad Quality
- As always, Bloo is still an insensitive jerk as he constantly stops the garage band played beside Foster's, Pizza Party (making it slow and tedious) and bragging to them about how better his band will be instead of cheering them on. He also makes practice for his band, Taco Fiesta tedious as well and grows jealous when finding out that Pizza Party is a success thanks to Mac.
- His "song" was pretty lackluster, if you could even count it as one.
- It holds a rating of 7.5/10 on IMDB.
- This is the first episode to focus on characters other than the main cast.
- Bloo's song would later be heard in "Ticket to Rod" & "Bloo Tube".