Scrapped Princess is an action, adventure, drama, comedy, fantasy, science fiction, science fantasy Japanese anime
series. It started with a light novel series which was written by Ichiro Sakaki, illustrated by Yukinobu Azumi, and published by Fujimi Shobo for the magazine Fujimi Fantasia Bunko. It origianlly ran from March, 1999 to October, 2005 for 13 volumes in total. After that came a manga series, which was written by Ichiro Sakaki, illustrated by Yabuki Go, and published by Kadokawa for the magazine Dragon Comics. It originally ran from 2002 to 2003 and lasted for 3 volumes in total. And finally after that came the anime series. It was directed by Soichi Masui, written by Reiko Yoshida, musically composed by Masumi Ito, and produced by Jun Katou, Hitoshi Hayakawa, Masahiko Minami, Satoru Negishi, and Yutoku Abe. It originally aired from April 8, 2003 to October 7, 2003, and lasted for 24 episodes in total.
Why It Rocks
- Great voice acting in both sub and dub.
- Amazing cast of characters. All of the main characters are interesting, complex, and even entertaining.
- Good animation.
- Awesome fight scenes, especially whenever Shannon Casull is fighting.
- Very appealing character designs.
- It's interesting how subtle the fantasy elements in this show are.
- Excellent soundtrack.
- Pacifica, despite being annoying at times, is given a lot of intrigue, complexity, and sympathy. She's even given some likable traits as early as episode 1.
- While she does have likable traits from the very beginning, Pacifica Casull can still be kind of annoying.