Seijuu Sentai Gingaman
Seijuu Sentai Gingaman (星獣戦隊ギンガマン Seijū Sentai Gingaman, translated into English as Starbeast Squadron Galaxyman) is Toei Company Limited's 22nd production of the Super Sentai television series. it joined Tetsuwan Tantei Robotack. Its footage has been used in the American series Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.
Why It Makes Galaxies
- Gingaman has a very retro style to the way its designed/edited, feeling like most 70s/80s Sentai.
- The Gingamen have some very decent teammates who are beloved by many fans.
- Ryouma/Ginga Red feels similar to Geki from Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, with a much more likable personality.
- Hayate/Ginga Green acts as the parent to the group (similar to a straight man archetype), often calling out others for their flaws, especially Yellow, additionally he tends to be a picky eater, which provides some hilarious reactions towards Hayate.
- Gouki/Ginga Blue is very wholesome and his focus episodes are often pretty fun and emotional.
- Hyuuga/Black Knight is an underrated Sixth who acts as a mentor to the Gingamen and gets badass powers/fight scenes, and on top of that his sense of humor is could be relatable towards audiences.
- The OST is amazing, The Opening stands out marvelously from the others in the series, and the villains various themes fit them and a great to listen to, especially Budoh's.
- It's home to one of the best morphing sequences in Sentai with triumphant music and badass team poses.
- Hayate's rivalry with Shelinda was pretty cool and also boosted the character development for Hayate himself.
- Space Pirate's Balban are a very diverse set of characters with their own unique motif on piracy. Each of the villains are in distinct sub-groups that drastically vary from one another; from a insect based biker gang, to sea life based on the Japanese Feudal period, to a group of magic users based on various mythologies, to finally a Corp of Weapon Medieval based knights.
- The action scenes were decently-choreographed, on top of that it has a remarkable cinematography.
- There were great teamups with Denji Sentai Megaranger and Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive, two amazing Sentai seasons.
- The Mentor of the season, Wisdom Tree Moak is a generally likable character who besides being the mentor and advisor of the rangers also has the unique ability to detect when Balban strikes or where Balban is through a network of trees, it has the logical weakness of if an area is lacking trees than a blind spot is created. He can also grant the Gingaman new weapons, but not casually and only when in serious distress. Like a proper mentor, he teaches the Gingaman on how to unlock their full power.
- Hikaru/Ginga Yellow is an unlikeable character, who is often bratty and antagonistic towards his other teammates, Saya and Ryouma tend to fall into this category at times.
- Saya's nature of getting caught and injured almost eerytime, could mark her as a damsel in distress, while Ryouma tends to be bland at times due to not having a distinct personality.
- The villains, while interesting and threatening, are shown to be one of the less intelligent antagonist groups in Sentai. The main issue here is that a lot of their plots could be accomplished by simply not charging in face first and alerting the Gingaman. Their pirates, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have zero sense of being discredit.
- The Ranger suits are generally regarded as one of the weaker designs in the series, the zigzagged white shirt is the main criticism of the design. Bullblack however received positive reception.
- The Giant Fights in general, or at least for the filler monsters, are not that great. These fights tend to last less than 30 seconds, some less than 10. The monster doesn't even get a chance to attack before being killed off.
- Hyuuga/Black Knight was portrayed by Teruaki Ogawa, who previously portrayed Sasuke/Ninja Red from Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
- The show is considered to be average by many fans, so because of this reception, it gets a spot on the Terrible TV Shows Wiki.