Sister, Sister is an American television sitcom starring identical twins Tia and Tamera Mowry. It premiered on April 1, 1994, and concluded on May 23, 1999 after six seasons. The premise was that Tia Landry and Tamera Campbell were separated at birth and one was adopted by a single mother while the other was adopted by a couple, although the mother died afterwards; 14 years later the two accidentally found each other and reunited.
The series was created by Kim Bass, Gary Gilbert, and Fred Shafferman, and produced by de Passe Entertainment and Paramount Network Television. The cast also featured Jackee Harry as Tia's mother, Tim Reid as Tamera's father, and Marques Houston as their annoying neighbor Roger. RonReaco Lee and Deon Richmond joined the cast in the fifth season.
Why it rocks
- The acting in this episode is amazing.
- Tia Mowry and Tamery Mowry were the perfect set of twins for this kind of show.
- Tim Reid did an outstanding job playing Ray.
- Jackée Harry was hilarious on this show, and her character, Lisa, was a great example of a "strong female character"
- Marques Houston was great too, although he left the show during the last few seasons.
- Tia and Tamera were great together, with Tia's talented and studious personality playing off of Tamera's happy, airheaded, and innocent attitude.
- The writing was pretty good and the creators made a really good plot to make Tia and Tamera find each other: they bumped into each other at the mall, while picking out sweaters. It turns out, Lisa adopted Tia, and Ray adopted Tamera, and they both happened to be twins.
- It was super entertaining to watch Lisa and Ray clash at times, due to Ray's serious personality, and Lisa's laid back and funny personality.
- Roger is a fun character to watch, and he often chases after the twins, only to be rejected by them. Later on, they both develop a crush on him.
- Even though Ray can be a little serious at times, he's a good father and is always willing to help both the twins when they need it. He also encourages Tamera to do her best, even when she doesn't feel like it.
- Lisa can be pretty funny and even likable at times
- She often tells Ray he should stop being so serious and relax sometimes
- She often helps the Tia and Tamera out whenever they need something and gives them good advice.
- Plenty of good episodes to enjoy.
- The show also makes sure to send the message that nobody is perfect, by giving everyone their own struggles and problems to deal with.
- Ray can get too overwhelmed and forget to calm down and have fun at times. He struggles to relate with the twins and sometimes just can't help them. His own father left him when he was young, and he still can't get over it.
- Lisa is almost always struggling for money and jobs, and she tries to make a living off of her designs. She continues to fail but keeps trying.
- Roger often gets rejected and neglected for no reason.
- Tia can also get too stressed at times due to homework, school, and friends. Kind of like Ray, she can forget to have fun and relax at times.
- Tamera struggles with studies, and sometimes feels like she's untalented compared to Tia.
- The show can get really innapropriate and mean-spirited at times.
- Similar to ICarly, the show sometimes focuses too much on love and romance rather than the original purpose: comedy.
- The theme song can be really annoying, and the video effects are almost laughable.
- Many characters can be unlikable in their own way
- The show won't be having a reboot anytime soon due to lack of audience.