Slingshot 101 (Angry Birds Toons)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Slingshot 101 is the 11th episode of Angry Birds Toons' Season 1 (and overall).
Red teaches the Blues a lesson when he finds them messing around with the slingshot, but he soon finds the boot on the other foot.
Why It Rocks
- Good animation and voice acting, as always. The Blues' laughs are sure to make the viewer laugh along.
- Red, Jay, Jake and Jim are pretty likable (to an extent).
- Cool action scenes, like when Red runs at the speed of Chuck to stop the pigs ASAP, only to find out the Blues were ahead of him in that regard.
- The scenes with the Blues playing in the slingshot are pretty funny.
- This scene in particular gives off some nice Dragon Ball Z vibes.
- Good soundtrack, especially in the ending. Speaking of which...
- Good ending where Red decides to let go of his one-dimensional slingshot knowledge and play on it.
- While still good, the animation is somewhat inconsistent as not all scenes have the same style.
- Red is a bit unlikable in the beginning due to him getting mad at the Blues and scolding them just because they were playing on the slingshot (Not only that, but he preferred talking some sense into them over protecting the eggs of whatever was inside the bush, which is irresponsible of him). The Blues are also a little mean-spirited towards Red because they make fun of him not once or twice but thrice.
- Red's vision of the pigs getting the eggs is kinda creepy.
- This is the first episode to feature a new version of the opening theme.
- The pigs' "legs" are seen sneaking under the bush they were hidden.
- The imagination scene is referenced in the Game Over screen of Angry Birds 2.
- This episode is a lot like Do As I Say!, except for the fact that Matilda is the one calling the Blues out and they aren't messing with the slingshot.