Snoopy in Space
Snoopy in Space is a Canadian-American animated series in the Peanuts franchise. It is exclusive to Apple TV+ and premiered on November 1, 2019.
While on a field trip to NASA, Snoopy and Woodstock are selected for an elite mission into space and the rest of the Peanuts help from mission control.
Why It Rocks
- Stays faithful to the original Peanuts comic strips and cartoons.
- Good animation.
- Very good piano jazz music, particularly the theme song, which is reminiscent of the stylings of Vince Guaraldi.
- Decent voice acting and good voice direction, unlike in previous cartoons where the voices, while good, could get a bit wooden from time to time.
- Teaches kids a lot about NASA and outer space.
- Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, Sally, Snoopy, Woodstock, Marcie, Peppermint Patty, Franklin, and Rerun are all still very likable characters.
- Is much more positive compared to previous Peanuts cartoons, which were rather gloomy.
- Unlike other Wildbrain reboots like Teletubbies, Rosie & Jim, Brum, Mega Man: Fully Charged, and Strawberry Shortcake, this one is handled quite well, and, as mentioned in reason 1, stays faithful to the original comic strip series.
- Schroeder is mysteriously absent in the show. Then again, he wouldn't be very useful on Mission Control as he's mostly preoccupied with playing his piano.
- The series was rather short-lived, as it is only 12 episodes. However, it is planned to get a second season.