Spliced is a Flash animated Canadian TV series created by Simon Racioppa and Richard Elliott that first premiered on Qubo in September 19, 2009. And it ended in March 13, 2010.
Spliced is a modern take of H. G. Wells' 1896 science-fiction fantasy, The Island of Doctor Moreau. Spliced marginally distorts Wells' characters in this modern twist by making the mutants the result of genetic experiments created by recombinant DNA rather than Wells' original vivisection process.
Why It’s No Ordinary Island (No need to say it Twice)
- Very beautiful Flash animation.
- Decent character designs.
- The voice acting in this series looks very well-done and creative.
- Entree (The cow-pig-chicken guy) may be unlikable, But he's very funny.
- The show managed to be extremely creative with the plots and humor into one season.
- The series can have lots of funny episodes such as: One Joe Wingus, Stomach on Strike, and Pork Chop.
- Some jokes in this series can be funny. Especially in the episodes mentioned in WIR#6.
- Very admirable background designs that look even better than Breadwinners.
- The theme song and the title card music in this show sounds very catchy that gives you earworms.
- The Time cards sometimes break the 4th wall.
- The show's title looks perfect as if it has it's own flaws.
- The Time Cards most likely predicted modern Internet meme humor.
- Sometimes it can have good morals like:
- Playing games right.
- Accepting people who are different.
- Not destroying people's neighborhoods.
- That We shouldnt be Racist.
- That Everyone has feelings.
- That you should follow your dreams.
- This show only has one season.
- Sometimes, the series can have a lot of toilet/gross out humor.
- It can also have bad episodes such as: Yetis Don't Care About Nothin', Mole-sters in the Mist, Stuck Together, and other bad episodes.
- The theme song can also sound very annoying to listen.
- ”Poosh and The Quest for the Blargey Parble” is a good episode, but isn’t a good way to end the show.
- The series received positive reviews with a 91% on Google and a 6.9/10 on IMDb.
- Peri’s full name is “Failed Experiment #13”.
- There was going to be a second season.
- Much like Jimmy Two-Shoes, Spliced aired around the world in 2009 before it aired in Canada in 2010.
- Co-creator Simon Racioppa is the showrunner of Invincible.
- The Creators Simon Racioppa amd Richard Elliott developed Grossology and Fangbone.
- Spliced was a success in Latin America, Europe, and Canada.
- In the US, the only way to watch this show was on Qubo in 2009, and on the Cartoon Network website in 2014.
- All episodes of this show can be seen also in Latin American Spanish.