SpongeBob SquarePants (Japanese dub)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
スポンジ・ボブ (Suponji Bobu) (English: SpongeBob SquarePants), is the Japanese dub of SpongeBob SquarePants. There are two dubs of the show. The first dub is season 1-3, and the current dub is season 4-present.
Why This Dub Deserves A Krabby Patty
- Very talented voice acting in Japan, especially by Taiki Matsuno, Rokurō Naya, and Hidekatsu Shibata.
- Most of the characters are likable, especially Kani-San (Mr. Krabs).
- The theme song is very catchy.
- It stays faithful to the original English version.
- Very sophisticated writing.
- In 2019, it got a new ending theme named "One Way" (made by Boys and Men), which is a pretty catchy and good-sounding theme.
- It makes the show feel more like a Japanese anime, which later on, Narmak had created an anime version of SpongeBob SquarePants.
- The voice of Patrick can get annoying every once in a while. Plankton's voice is very off putting as well as it is done by a lady's voice.
- Like the original English version, it can get a bit mean-spirited every once in a while, and some of the episodes have recycled plots as well.
- Even if seasons 6-8's Japanese dub is good, there are still bad episodes like "A Pal for Gary" (titled: "ゲイリーの相棒; "Gary's Buddy").
- The voice actress for Plankton reprises her role in the Japanese dub of Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated.