Stark Raving Dad (The Simpsons)
Stark Raving Dad is the 1st episode of the 3rd season (actually a leftover from season 2) of The Simpsons, it stars Michael Jackson.
Because of Bart, Homer accidentally lands in a mental hospital and ends up sharing a room with a white man who thinks he is Michael Jackson. Meanwhile today it's Lisa's Birthday, but Bart forget it.
Why It Rocks
- Michael Jackson makes a guest appearance in this episode, what makes it unique is that Michael doesn’t actually play as himself but instead a character called Leon Kompowsky who pretends to be Michael Jackson.
- Unlike most guest appearances on The Simpsons, it doesn't rely on being a shameless advertisement for Michael Jackson, it actually feels like a proper episode of the series with Michael Jackson starring in it.
- The plot to this episode is creative and enjoyable.
- As usual, the animation is fantastic.
- There a handful of funny moments such as the part where Lisa tells her poem to Homer.
- Bart: "Lisa! Her teeth are big and green, Lisa! She smells like gasoline, Lisa! Ga-da-da Lisa! She is my sister, her birthday, I missed her..."
- The scene where Bart and Leon sing the "Lisa, It's your Birthday" song is a heartwarming moment.
The Only Bad Quality
- As of March 2019, this episode has been pulled from syndication following the release of Leaving Neverland. It's bad enough to ban the episode from airing on TV, but to make matters worse, said episode was also removed from digital distribution and future reprints of the Season 3 DVD set, and remained absent on Disney+. Thankfully, it was back on the air through FXX on October 9th, 2019 and it can be bought digitally on Amazon Prime in the UK, but even that wasn't enough.
- This episode was originally going to be the final episode of Season 2, but it was pushed over to Season 3 as a leftover because of FOX’s broadcasting reasons.