Superbook is a CGI Reboot of the original anime series with the same name, taking place in modern times.
Chris Quantum is your typical Middle School student -- except if you take into account one of his best friends is a robot named Gizmo. Add his best friend Joy Pepper into the mix and you have a recipe for adventure. The adventures begin for this trio when a mysterious device appears and takes them on journeys throughout the Bible. Travel back in time and get ready for the journey of a lifetime!
Why it Rocks
- The series remains a faithful adaption to the show it was based on.
- Chris and Joy and very likeable and relatable characters, despite the series being a Christian show many non Christian can also at times relate to them.
- It tells how the Bible can relate to people's everday lives.
- The series can have important life lessons both biblical and non biblical.
- Many of the biblical stories are well executed as well as the biblical characters acting like real people.
- The series voicing is also good as the show.
- Both Theme Songs are really good and catchy as well.
- The series also has a great soundtrack.
- Chris at times can act selfish in the series.
- The series can be formulaic at times.
- A few characters are unlikeable such as Todd.