Taffy is a French animated television show created by Pierre Sissmann and Mike de Seve for France 4 and Boomerang.
The series follows a stray raccoon named Scraggs who disguises himself as a cat by wearing a bow and renames himself Taffy to stay in Mrs. Muchmore's mansion. Bentley is aware that Taffy is a raccoon, so he is trying to steal Taffy's bow to expose the truth.
Why It Rocks
- An idea of a raccoon pretending to be a cat is creative, because a raccoon's size is the same as the cat.
- Bentley is a wonderful main antagonist and anti-hero.
- Creative plots for the episodes, some even parody movies like "Honey, I Shrunk the Raccoon" or "Raccoon Day".
- The characters are likable, especially Taffy and Bentley.
- Taffy and Bentley's relationship is exactly like Tom and Jerry's relationship.
- The soundtrack is very fitting.
- The opening title sequence is very catchy.
- Like Oggy and the Cockroaches, The show knows how to make a good Tom and Jerry rip-off.
- Taffy and Bentley can be unlikable sometimes, not when they're fighting.
- Some terrible episodes like "The White Gloves".
- Although great, the animation isn't the best, since the character models or faces are recycled through episodes.
- Human characters in this show are gullible, since they think that a racoon with bow on is a cat, shiven animals rats, and so on.