Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan
Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan is the 5th season of Super Sentai Franchise, It was originally broadcast from February 7, 1981 - January 30, 1982, and is the only Sentai to serve as a direct sequel to the one prior, Denshi Sentai Denziman. It was Toei’s last series with a Marvel copyright, but again with no Marvel involvement in the production. It is also the first and only series in the franchise to have an all-male Super Sentai team and the first to have fewer than five members in the core team. Its international English title as listed by Toei Company is Sunvulcan.
Why It Rocks
- It's was an awesome sequel to another great Super Sentai Show, Denshi Sentai Denziman and It's the only continuation of the previous series similar to Zordon Era of Power Rangers.
- It's the only all-male Sentai team to ever exist and the First team with no pink Ranger.
- The theme was of the show Air, land, and sea is a brilliant idea, to begin with.
- It's is one of the best seasons of Super Sentai from the 1980s
- There are some likable characters such as Takayuki Hiba/VulEagle II (Red Ranger), Kin'ya Samejima/VulShark (Blue Ranger), Asao Hyou/VulPanther (Yellow Ranger), Misa Arashiyama/White Rose Mask,
- Amazing fight scenes.
- The theme song and ending were catchy to listen to.
- Their movie was great.
- Great acting.
- Ryuusuke Oowashi/Vul Eagle I (Red Ranger) would soon be replaced by Takayuki Hiba/Vul Eagle II (Red Ranger) in Episode 23.
- The finale was decent at it's best.
The Only Bad Quality
- While they are likable characters, the rangers don't seem to get much character development.