Talking Tom and Friends
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Talking Tom and Friends is a YouTube CGI animated web-series that eventually got on Netflix. It based on the Talking Friends franchise, and is created by Outfit7.
In every episode, the gang goes on adventures.
Why It Rocks
- Likable characters like Ginger (Most of the time), Tom, Angela, Ben, and Hank.
- Decent, well-done CGI animation.
- Ginger and Angela look less terrifying from the last Talking Tom show, possibly considering that Ginger got older now at the age of 7.
- Each episode has something new to share, while still having a little continuity.
- The writing is straightforward & coherent.
- Great voice acting.
- Lots of funny moments.
- Speaking of the humor, it contains well-written comedy & silly humor.
- Some episodes have a lot of action.
- Cute character designs. Even the humans look awesome!
- The side characters are almost always memorable, notable examples include MC, CEO, Rhonda, Jeremy, Landlord, and even Mel and Flo.
- Decent soundtrack.
- Fantastic villains like Carl.
- Catchy happy go lucky theme song.
- The plots are unpredictable.
- The spinoff series Talking Tom and Friends Minis was also cool.
- The designs of the new clothes are very creative.
- While the animation is decent, the animation was a little mediocre in prior episodes. Especially in the pilot episode, The Audition.
- Ginger can be unlikable in some episodes, to the point where he is the antagonist of certain episodes, such as "App-y Halloween". Not to mention that his voice is pretty grating.
- Some very intense scenes for a kids show.
- Some episodes can be overly weird, out of place, juvenile or just plain odd mostly in the early seasons.
- Nowadays, the series is not as good as it used to be.
- In season 4, every main character now wears clothes.
- Before season 4, Angela was the only main character wearing clothes.
- In season 4, Arx Anima no longer animates the show, and now a new company called People Moving Pixels animates the show.
- There will be a movie based on this franchise, yet very little is known about it so far, aside that it is currently in the early script stage.