The Adventures of Sherlock Mario (The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!)
"The Adventures of Sherlock Mario" is the eighteenth episode of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! from DiC Entertainment's Super Mario cartoon trilogy. Its corresponding live-action segment is "Plumbers of the Year".
Mario becomes a detective to find the missing Herlock Solmes, and to stop Koopa from flooding the city of Victoria. The episode's plot is based upon the British legendary detective Sherlock Holmes.
Why It Rocks
- This episode is a good parody of Sherlock Holmes, with Mario becoming a detective to save Sherlock’s parody, Herlock Solmes, from King Koopa.
- Great voice acting, and is also one of the few times where Toad’s voice is passable.
- The animation in this episode is brilliant, as is the case with many series produced by DiC Entertainment.
- A lot of funny moments, some of which even spawned internet memes, such as this epic moment about serious Sherlock Mario and also when Mario eats a sandwich to free himself from being tied up.
- There are a lot of memorable quotes, such as Mario’s "That I’m gonna find out, or my name isn’t Sherlock Mario" line.
- All of the action sequences are both thrilling and exciting at the same time.
- King Koopa is a very funny villain in this episode, and even has some very funny lines of dialogue too.
- His minions in the episode, Mouser, Koopa and Tryclyde, are also pretty funny.
- "This is the first time my lunch ever took a bite out of me!"
The Only Bad Quality
- While Herlock Solmes was a good parody of the famous detective, he was not useful in the episode since he got kidnapped.
"The Adventures of Sherlock Mario" got positive reviews from critics, audiences, and fans of the Super Mario franchise. It holds a 6.5/10 rating on IMDb.com.