The Alvin Show
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Alvin Show is an American animated television series that aired on CBS from October 4, 1961 to September 12, 1962. It is the first series to feature the virtual band David Seville and the Chipmunks.
Why It REALLY Rocks
- Funny moments and running gags, such as the dining table sketch, as well as Alvin’s funny and sarcastic personality.
- Likeable characters, like Alvin, Simon, Theodore and David Seville.
- The series also introduced some new characters such as Clyde Crashcup.
- Great voice acting, thanks to actors like Ross Badgasarian, the creator of the Chipmunks and Dave himself.
- Funny and kooky character designs that fit the show’s style very well.
- Each episode has some awesome, well-written dialogue, which makes the character’s personalities’ shine.
- Most of the episodes are decent, which is good considering this is the first ever Alvin and the Chipmunks show.
- Well written soundtrack with catchy music.
- Everybody say with with us: "ALVINNN!!!"
- Catchy songs, like the series' theme song, "Witch Doctor" and "Christmas, Don't Be Late".
- Started a great franchise, as the next show, Alvin and the Chipmunks, was very well-received and funnier and more slapsticky than the original 1960s series.
- The animation was limited, due to being made in the early 1960s.
- One of the biggest problems with the cartoon is that while inspired by the chipmunk species, the Chipmunks' character designs look hardly anything like chipmunks.
- There wasn't much personality from the characters.
- Simon and Theodore's personalities were a little flat compared to other projects.
- Dave acts more stern in this incarnation. By the 1980s series, his kinder side is shown more.
- The Chipmunks' voices may sound irritating since they talk in high pitched voices, but they speak with extended vowels due to the old recording technique where the user talks very slowly, and when sped up, the chipmunk effect distorts the voice. Starting the 1980s, this method was discontinued in favor of speaking in the correct speed.
- Some unfunny moments and jokes.