The Amanda Show
The Amanda Show is an American live action sketch comedy and variety show created by Dan Schneider that aired on Nickelodeon on April 4, 1999 as a pilot, then as a regular series from October 16, 1999 to September 21, 2002. It starred Amanda Bynes, Drake Bell and Nancy Sullivan, and featured John Kassir, Raquel Lee, and Josh Peck. The show was a spin-off from All That, in which Bynes had co-starred for several years. The show was cancelled at the end of 2002.
Amanda Bynes and teen cast members perform comedy skits while Penelope Taynt, her number one fan, won't stop until she meets her idol.
Why It Rocks
- Penelope Taynt is the best part of the show as she tries her hardest to meet Amanda.
- The sketches are absolutely hilarious.
- Funny characters like Judge Trudy, Mr. Gullible, Mr. Oldman and Courtney, and Amanda herself.
- Good premise.
- Catchy theme song.
- Amanda's performance is really great and hilarious.
- The pop culture references are good.
- Memorable moments.
- Has lots of guest stars.
- Some episodes are great to watch.
- "Okay. Now for exercise. You do sit ups. Sit ups. Lie down, sit up. Lie down, sit up. Lie down, sit up."
- The show was cancelled before we got to see the real Moody from the sketch, Moody's Point after it's cliffhanger
- Disturbing Segments like Amanda's Jacuzzi and Commercial skits.