The Big Knights
The Big Knights is a British animated television series created, directed and produced by Astley Baker Davies. It was first broadcast on BBC Two over the Christmas season of 1999–2000. It was the first TV series to be digitally animated using CelAction 2D, while the first release of the software was still under development. It is mixed with cutout animation, traditional animation, and flash animation.
The stories tell the adventures of the two Big Knights, Sir Boris and Sir Morris, who are incredibly strong and brave, but are also incredibly stupid. They solve crises, usually of their own creation, but cause great destruction and mayhem in the process.
Why It Rocks
- As expected, the animation is from Astley Baker Davies is, while a bit rough, excellent.
- The humour in this is amazing coming from Sir Boris and Sir Morris.
- The narrator in this is better than in Peppa Pig, since he doesn't point out the very obvious.
- Princesses Lucy and Loretta are cute and likable characters.
- Some other humourous characters as well.
- Unlike Peppa Pig, it has some action and hilarious scenes.
- Since this show has 13 episodes, it can be rare to find a bad one, depending on your view.
- It ended after 1 season.
- Sir Morris' idiotic behaviour can get on people's nerves sometimes. Again, it depends on your view.
The show had some positive reviews for its funny and clever humour.