The Itsy Bitsy Spider
The Itsy Bitsy Spider is an American animated slapstick urban fantasy-comedy television series produced by Hyperion Animation. It was broadcast on the USA Network's USA Cartoon Express. Like the short film, the series received mostly positive reviews.
The series follows the magical adventures of Leslie McGroarty, a tomboyish young city girl who is befriended by a harmless young country spider, Itsy.
Why It Rocks
- Leslie McGroarty and Itsy are very cute.
- The theme song is very catchy.
- Leslie McGroarty's most adorable iconic outfit.
- Leslie wears circular-shaped glasses, a light blue dress with puffed sleeves and a red belt, white socks, and a pair of very shiny black Mary Jane shoes.
- Tex Avery-influenced animation style.
- It was the twisted version of a twist of Aesop's classic fable, The City Mouse and the Country Mouse.
- Some cutest heartwarming moments, such as Leslie adorably kisses Itsy.
- It was the very FIRST Hyperion Animation production to have a main female protagonist.
- Leslie McGroarty is such the cutest tomboy.
- Great voice acting.
- BOTH TV series, and the pilot episode of the series (as a theatrical short) are Hyperion Animation's very FIRST urban fantasy.
- Leslie and Itsy's funniest moments are very funny.
- Awesome slapstick humour.