The Lasagna Zone (Garfield and Friends)
"The Lasagna Zone" is the first part of the eighth episode in the second season of Garfield and Friends.
When Jon buys a new TV satellite dish, he cautions Garfield about getting lasagna on its surface. After Garfield neglects to heed the warning, he is transported into various TV shows, leaving Odie to try to get him out.
Why It Rocks
- Jon testing out the satellite dish at the start was decent.
- "But there are movies on, and sports, and game shows where people dress up as large chickens" - Garfield.
- The plot is very interesting and creative & in a way inspired "Channel Chasers" from The Fairly OddParents & JTV from Johnny Test (2005), as it has Garfield transporting into various television parodies when accidentally getting lasanga on Jon's brand new satellite dish.
- Speaking of which, watching Garfield getting transported into many of the satellite channels was pretty funny.
- Decent Ending: It turns out that Garfield was only dreaming about getting transported into the television channels, and although he gets in trouble with Jon for watching TV all night, he did see it coming although he fell asleep. Then, he realized it was a dream but then found out that the remote was broken, ending it off with the Lasanga Zone announcer saying about Garfield not able to digest TV dinners.
- It holds a rating of 7.3/10 on IMDB.
- There's a few parodies/cameos here - the episode title being a parody of The Twilight Zone, Gulligan's Island parodying Gilligan's Island & Garfield appearing on a Frankenstein (1931) one at the start of himself going into the television. The US Acres background can also be seen here, along with the title card for "Sludge Monster".