The Mandalorian (or Star Wars: The Mandalorian) is a 2019 sci-fi space opera television that was broadcast by Disney+, setting in Star Wars universe.
Five years after the events of Return of the Jedi, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. "The Mandalorian" is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
Why It Rocks
- Great acting, especially for Pedro Pascal.
- Pedro Pascal did an amazing job portrayed as The Mandalorian.
- The characters (namely Mando and Grogu) are well written and audiences readily invest in them.
- The show does not have signs of pandering to politics, unlike in the prequels.
- It shows better to immerses the audiences into the damp underworld of the Star Wars universe, which was never explored much in the films.
- Nice visual effects.
- Threatening villains like Moff Gideon and the remnant troopers of the Galactic Empire.
- The 3D effects for the ships and places are very well breathtaking and gorgeously done.
- The idea of having a wild-west sci-fi show in the Star Wars world is pretty good, while Solo: A Star Wars Story managed to screw it up.
- The soundtracks are amazing.
- "I have spoken."
- It brought back Boba Fett in the second season for the first time since Return of the Jedi, along with Ahsoka Tano since Rebels and most especially Luke Skywalker after Return of the Jedi.
- The introduction music and credits music is amazing.
- The pacing can be a bit sluggish.
- The CGI for Luke Skywalker in the season two finale is uncanny.
- Gina Carano's firing means that Cara Dune will no longer appear in the show, which may complicate Moff Gideon's storyline as he was going to be taken into custody by Cara.
The show was well-received by critics and fans of the series, holding a 94% rating on Rotten Tomatoes with a 95% audience score rating while its IMDB score is 8.8/10 (ranking it #65 on the Top 250), marketing the highest score rating of Star Wars series.