The Stories (Season 3-4)
The Stories is a polish Source Filmmaker animated webseries created by Peter ''Zajcu'' Zajac for YouTube in March 2015. It is based on the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise and takes place in an AU created by Zajcu. The series is developed entirely by Peter Zajac.
The plot of the third season follows Springtrap's awakening in the second pizzeria with his battle against the Fazbear crew, and eventually takes their exploits to Fazbear's Fright.
The fourth season in the series follows the return of the mysterious figure known as Nightmare, and the Fazbear crew's mission to defeat him and the traitor among them who is aiding his rise to power.
Why These Seasons Rock
- The main difference between these and seasons 1 & 2 is the massive improvement in the animation, which is more lifelike and fluid in comparison to the aforementioned.
- The animation errors that were present in the earlier seasons are almost nonexistent.
- The lighting, shading and scenarios are more visually appealing than before.
- To add up, there has been a change of models in some characters which now look more attractive.
- With the addition of dialogue between characters, the storytelling is a lot better than previous seasons and the storyline makes sense.
- Well-written plot.
- Each character has it's own personality and character development.
- The relationship between characters is amazingly developed throughout the series and you get to sympathize with all of them.
- The action scenes are quite entertaining.
- It handles a good mix of drama, suspense and horror.
- Springtrap was at his best in season 3 and played a really good villain role.
- Better audio for the characters' movement.
- The use of Team Fortress 2 robot sounds has been downed a lot from seasons 1 & 2.
- Aside from the show being darker than before, there are some funny jokes.
- Since the series is darker and more serious, there has been less focus on ships subplots and less use of Kevin McLoad background music, which was really tedious in the earlier seasons.
- All the characters have more importance and contribute a bit in each episode.
- Bonnie, Chica and Foxy are more competent than before.
- Balloon Boy and JJ are more tolerable.
- Golden Freddy and The Puppet get more backstory and great moments.
- The plot twist about Mangle being the traitor in season 4 was unexpected.
- Toy Chica has become the focus character in season 4 and she has a notable character development alongside Scraptrap.
- 'Race Against Time', 'The Last Suffering' and 'The Rising Soul' are some of the best and most emotional episodes of the series.
- Nightmare is a powerful and menacing villain in season 4.
- The fact that the whole series is done by only one person is just fantastic.
- In season 3, the dialogue was accompanied by loquendo voiceovers.
- Nightmare, while still a good villain, is pretty cliché.
- Zajcu37's english isn't very fluid and some dialogues have grammatical errors and typos.
- The season 4 trailer had really bad visual effects.
- Just like in the beginning of the series, none of the soundtracks are original.
- It still uses the old Splink models for the mayority of characters.
- 'The Beginning of Chaos', 'Death Trap' and 'Evil Factory' are average episodes.
- In the near end of season 3, the duration of each episode was decreased from 10 minutes to 3 minutes. Due to that change, many episodes are separated into parts that release every 3 weeks with the full episode being uploaded every 1 month and a half.
- Zajcu37 wanted to end the series in Autumn of 2016 in order to start working on another series which got ultimately cancelled in 2021.