The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
The Suite Life of Zack & Cody is an American Disney Channel Original Series created by Danny Kallis and Jim Geoghan. The series premiered on March 18, 2005 to September 1, 2008. It was followed by The Suite Life on Deck.
Life is sweet -- or at least suite -- for identical teenage twins Zack and Cody Martin after their mom, Carey, lands a job headlining at the five-star Tipton Hotel in Boston, which comes with an upper-floor suite. From that new roost, the twins turn the hotel into their playground, although the pranks are usually instigated by girl-obsessed Zack, not the more mature and intellectual Cody. When her schedule permits, the boys are "handled" by Maddie Fitzpatrick, the teenage candy-counter girl who also is the somewhat unlikely best friend of spoiled London Tipton, the daughter of the hotel's owner.
Why It Rocks
- Hanging in at the Tipton Hotel was a brilliant idea.
- Some likable characters like Zack, Cody, Maddie, Mr. Moseby, Carey, and the others.
- It teaches some good morals.
- The intro "Here I Am" is really catchy.
- The acting is good.
- Some funny moments.
- Some heartwarming moments.
- Most of the episodes were either good or decent, such as "Hotel Hangout", "The Ghost of of Suite 613", "Christmas at the Tipton", "Not So Suite 16", "The Suite Life Goes Hollywood" (two-part), "Graduation", "Let Us Entertain You" and the series finale episode, "Mr. Tipton Comes to Visit".
- They have most of the guest stars from other Disney shows, DCOM as well as non-Disney stuff like Raven-Symoné, Miley Cyrus, Zac Efron, Selena Gomez, Tahj Mowry, Nathan Kress, Moisés Arias, Monique Coleman, Alyson Stoner, Vanessa Hudgens, Chris Brown and The Cheetah Girls.
- It even got a crossover with That's So Raven and Hannah Montana called "That's So Suite Life with Hannah Montana".
- Speaking of That's So Raven, Cole and Dylan made guest appearances in the episode “Checkin’ Out”.
- It has a sequel/spin-off called The Suite Life on Deck, which is just as good and hilarious.
- Some bad episodes like "Summer of Our Discontent" but not too many.
- It can be a little bit cliched sometimes.
- London Tipton can be annoying at times.
- Zack comes off as too selfish and insensitive at times.
- London Tipton is a parody of Paris Hilton, the great-granddaughter of Conrad Hilton, who founded the Hilton hotel chain.
- This is the first series to be produced by It's a Laugh Productions, Inc., that would later produced some other live-action shows for Disney Channel and Disney XD.
- The franchise was Disney Channel's longest running franchise with two shows and a television movie airing over six years on the network.
- The series is the third Disney Channel Original to have more than 65 episodes, after That's So Raven and Kim Possible.
- The series was aired on Toon Disney from September 1, 2008 to February 12, 2009, as the first live-action to aired on the channel, along with Phineas and Ferb. However, it was rerun on Toon Disney's successor, Disney XD from 2009 to 2014.
- It spawned a lot of Internet memes, such as Mr. Moseby saying, "It's the law!!" and "Would you like AM or FMMM?"