The Suite Life on Deck
The Suite Life on Deck is an American teen sitcom that aired on Disney Channel from September 26, 2008 to May 6, 2011. It is a sequel/spin-off of the Disney Channel Original Series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
The series follows twin brothers Zack and Cody Martin and hotel heiress London Tipton in a new setting, the SS Tipton, where they attend classes at Seven Seas High School and meet Bailey Pickett while Mr. Moseby manages the ship. The ship travels around the world to nations such as Italy, France, Greece, India, Sweden and the United Kingdom where the characters experience different cultures, adventures, and situations.
Why It Rocks
- This show has a pretty catchy opening sequence just like it’s original show.
- Awesome set design and lighting. It was filmed in a real cruise.
- The bedrooms being different from the original show being in a hotel, but now on a cruise look really cool.
- There was a school on a cruise that looks great.
- New characters like Bailey Pickett, Marcus Little (who didn't appear until Season 2), and among others.
- Amazing acting since three of the cast of the original show, such as Dylan & Cole Sprouse, and Brenda Song has returned to play Zack & Cody Martin and London Tipton in this show after the original ended to see how they grew up on Disney Channel.
- The show launched the major acting career for Debby Ryan.
- Even though she's not the main character, Ashley Tisdale even reprises her role as Maddie Fitzpatrick as she returns in “Maddie on Deck”.
- It teaches amazing morals.
- Some funny and heartwarming moments.
- It spawned crossover episodes with Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place called “Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana” and I'm in the Band called “Weasels on Deck”.
- Speaking of Hannah Montana, the cast from this show made guest appearances in the episode “Super Girl”.
- And speaking of Wizards of Waverly Place, 3 of the main cast from this show also made guest appearances in the episode “Cast Away” as well.
- We finally get to see Mr. Tipton in person near the end of the series.
- It got a full-length television film called “The Suite Life Movie”, where took place here during the series, and aired a few months before the final episode.
- The series finale, “Graduation on Deck” was an amazing way to end the show.
- Season 1 stayed 4:3 and utilized FilmLook processing just like it’s original show.
- There was one scene where Bailey farts in “My Sister’s Keeper”.
- Can get mean-spirited at times.
Episodes with their own pages
- Disney Channel made this show because of the cast of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody were growing up and gradually aging.
- Debby Ryan later went on to portray Jessie Prescott in another Disney Channel show, Jessie.
- In 2019, Brenda Song came back to portray Anne Boonchuy in the Disney Channel animated series, Amphibia.