The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead is an action-drama zombie apocalypse television series that first aired in October 31, 2010 and is based on the comic book series of the same name.
Sheriff Deputy Rick Grimes wakes up from a coma to learn the world is in ruins, and must lead a group of survivors to stay alive.
Why It Rocks
- The actors and their performances are outstanding and beyond wonderful as they give some strong performances, especially from Norman Reedus and Chandler Riggs.
- The idea of a television series about characters trying to survive a zombie apocalypse is very original.
- Each and every one of the episodes are nicely-written and well-developed.
- The cinematography and camera angles is wonderful, well-shot and has a mysteriously creepy tone to it.
- Well-done character development, especially from Carl Grimes who went from a nervous, shy little boy to a tough, head-strong teenager who can take a challenge.
- Likable and interesting characters, such as Daryl Dixon, Rick Grimes, Carl Grimes, Carol and many others.
- The show doesn’t revolve only around the zombie apocalypse, it can sometimes manages to take on some real-life issues and problems that can make the characters more relatable to the audience.
- Many well-executed funny, serious, sad, action-packed, powerful and/or heartwarming moments throughout the entire series.
- The deaths of many of the main characters can be very heartbreaking.
- The environment is wonderful and goes great with the tone of show.
- All of the characters share amazing chemistry with eachother.
- It gained a spin-off (Fear the Walking Dead) that was just as good.
- Though it’s a horror fiction, it can have some very realistic and relatable moments here and there.
- The episode with Carl’s death did not sit well with fans of the show.