Things Change (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 2003)
Things Change is the first episode of Season 1 of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003). It premiered on February 8, 2003.
Why It Rocks
- The episode saved the TMNT Franchise from going downhill, following the disastrous Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation.
- The story is great and creative.
- The animation is a big improvement for the franchise.
- Characters like Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello are all likable.
- The episode is faithful to the original comic books.
- The action is fun and amazing to watch.
- The new theme song is catchy and much more fun to listen to than the original series.
- The video game, based on the show, was well received.
- The Turtles connections are really nice to see.
- The ending is great, seeing the Turtles reunite with Splinter is nice.
- Shredder's laugh at the end of the episode is terrifying.
The episode received positive reviews from fans and critics alike. It is considered the point when the TMNT Franchise redeemed themselves. It received an 8.3/10 on IMDb.
Youtuber Leonardo 2003 ranked it the 2nd best episodes of Season 1.