Thomas and Gordon (Thomas & Friends)
"Thomas is a tank engine, who lives at a big station on The Island Of Sodor, he's a cheeky little engine; with six small wheels, a short stumpy funnel, a short stumpy boiler, and a short stumpy dome."— Ringo Starr (UK/USA) George Carlin (USA) - narrating the first words to Thomas at the beginning of the show.
Thomas and Gordon, (retitled Thomas Gets Tricked in American releases,) is the very first episode of the first series and the first episode of Thomas & Friends altogether. It is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Thomas the Tank Engine.
Thomas the Tank Engine loves to brag to and tease Gordon about how hard he works, but strong, powerful, self-important Gordon decides to take him on a ride he'll never forget.
Why It Rocks
- This is an amazing start for the Thomas and Friends TV show, with a spectacular setting in the live-action model series of the show with Thomas, and the other engines as well.
- In addition, each set of locations throughout the Island of Sodor were Knapford Station, Tidmouth Sheads, the countryside, a viaduct bridge, etc, were spectacularly made for the live-action model series.
- The scene where Gordon couples with his coaches but with Thomas on the back is very fun to watch.
- The first part in the first episode cleverly shows Thomas, giving a friendly smile at the camera, with the narrator showing his wheels, funnel, dome and his boiler.
- Amazing soundtrack by Mike and Junior, especially with Gordon's theme song.
- We introduced to the model engines of Thomas, Gordon, Henry, and James, which they're both amazing too.
- The whole episode stays faithful to the source material from the books of Thomas.
- The trains, cars, express coaches, and freight cars/trucks were well made.
- The clay faces are really impressive.
- The voice acting in the Japanese version is amazing.
- Wonderful narration from both Ringo Starr (UK and US) and George Carlin.