ThunderCats (2011 Series)
ThunderCats (2011) is an American/Japanese animated television series, produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Studio 4°C. The series is a reboot of the original 1980s TV series of the same name, which ran from 1985 to 1989.
The show centers around the young ThunderCats prince Lion-O and his band of Thunderians as they are forced to flee their once thriving kingdom of Thundera after it is attacked and destroyed by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra and his Lizard army. Lion-O, who wields the powerful Sword of Omens, must lead a small band of surviving Thunderians to seek out the Book of Omens which is said to have the knowledge needed to defeat Mumm-Ra.
Why It Rocks
- This show stays faithful to the original series.
- Beautiful animation for both 2D and 3D.
- Great voice acting, especially from Will Friedle, Matthew Mercer, Kevin Michael Richardson, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Larry Kenney, Corey Burton, and Robin Atkin Downes.
- Memorable characters, such as Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Snarf, WilyKit, and WilyKat.
- Speaking of Snarf, the 2011 version was more favorably received by critics and fans than the original version.
- Great antagonists, such as Mumma-Ra, Grune, Slithe, and the Ancient Spirits of Evil.
- The action scenes are really great to watched.
- "THUNDERCATS HO!"
- Pumyra is now a villain in this series, unlike the original series.
- Similar to what happened to Mummies Alive! it was cancelled after one season because of low toy sales.
- Two words.. ThunderCats Roar.