Toast Of T.U.F.F. (T.U.F.F. Puppy)
Toast Of T.U.F.F. is the 4th episode of the first season of T.U.F.F. Puppy.
Keswick invents an artificial intelligence toaster capable of doing much more than making perfect toast. When R.I.T.A. malfunctions and goes out of control, it's up to Dudley and Kitty to save the citizens of Petropolis.
Why It Rocks
- One of the things that distinguishes this episode of the show from the rest is a more serious and dark tone.
- The first dark moment is the defeat of Snaptrap from the hands of R.I.T.A.. If Snaptrap used to say some goofy phrase or his iconic "I will now PLOT MY REVENGE!" before going to prison, here he did not say a single word, and he looked very immobilized, as if he was dead, despite the fact that he was not.
- The second is defeat of The Chameleon. Despite the fact that this scene is trying to be slightly funny, the very fact of the Chameleon turning into grub, his attempt to eat himself and the complete absence of how The Chameleon turned back sounds frightening.
- R.I.T.A's plan of capturing Petropolis is quite serious.
- R.I.T.A. itself is a pretty great villain. Her big difference from other villains is that she is not a goofy villain and has absolutely no funny phrases. Her design (especially in spider form), her sinister laugh and smile can really scare the viewer.
- The jokes are good.
- The action scenes are very good.
- The voice acting in this episode is really decent.
- Keswick's conversation with R.I.T.A. in the finale is really touching.
- This is one of the cases when running gag really helps the episode and makes the ending good.
- 3D graphics in some moments are slightly not very good.
- The presence of R.I.T.A. as a villain was spoiled in the title card.
The episode was met with generally positive reviews from fans. The episode became one of the most watched T.U.F.F. Puppy episodes along with "Share-A-Lair" garnering 4.7 million views at the time of release. At the moment, the episode's rating on IMDb is 8.1.