Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters (特命戦隊ゴーバスターズ Tokumei Sentai Gōbasutāzu, translated as Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters) is the title of the 36th entry in the Super Sentai series. It premiered on February 26, 2012, and joined Kamen Rider Fourze, replacing Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and Kamen Rider Wizard after Fourze's finale as a part of the Super Hero Time programming block on TV Asahi. The series follows a spy motif and follows a group of warriors in their goal to stop a malevolent computer virus and its organization. On February 17, 2013, it was replaced by a terrible show Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger as part of the Super Hero Time block.
Why It Rocks
- It's one of the darkest & epic Super Sentai seasons.
- It has some likable characters such as Hiromu Sakurada (Red Buster), Ryuji Iwasaki (Blue Buster), Yoko Usami (Yellow Buster), and Masato Jin (Beet Buster).
- The suits are very amazing with leather instead of spandex.
- Their movies are awesome.
- The Megazords are perfect with action.
- It had a team up with Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, Space Sheriff Gavan, and Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger.
- Great soundtrack and two catchiest theme songs.
- Buddy Roids designs are very creative with hard work to look at.
- It's got a decent Power Rangers adaptation, Beast Morphers, It was faithful to the source material itself. with a little bit amount of light-hearted despite being cheesy.
- The Villains are threatening very well.
- Good acting compared to most Every Super Sentai seasons.
- This series contains references to Power Rangers in so many ways.
- Whenever the Rangers morph, the computer of the Morpher calls out “IT’S MORPHIN TIME!” A callback to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers whenever they morph.
- The Evil giant robots were called “MegaZords” a reference to Power Rangers whenever their Rangers Zords combined or transformed into humanoid robots which were called Megazords.
- The plot is similar to that of Power Rangers RPM. An evil virus comes to life and on a massive rampage with an army of machines and the Rangers have to stop it.
- Very successful toy sales.
- The finale is sad, heartwarming, and AMAZING!
- It air alongside the well-received Kamen Rider Fourze in the first half.
- While it's good, the following three seasons (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, Ressha Sentai ToQger, & Shuriken Sentai Ninninger) wasn't well-received at all (Kyoryuger and Toqger depending in your point of view).
- It teamed up with Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- Sometimes, Masato Jin getting on the characters' nerves.
- This was the last season from Super Sentai that was of quality until Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.
- Similar to Kyuranger ending, The Ending is not really all that great with the pelvic thrusting.
- It secondly aired alongside Kamen Rider Wizard in the second half.
- Similar to Power Rangers Ninja Storm, Its adaptation, while decent, feels a bit watered down from the original. It removed some dark and serious tones of this show and replaced them with some goofy moments and corny humor.