Jump to navigation Jump to search
Toon Disney was a 24-hour American cable television channel owned by The Walt Disney Company that aired mostly children's animated television series from 1998 to 2009.
Why It Rocked
- It first aired on April 18, 1998, as a spin-off of Disney Channel to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the former channel.
- Some good Disney cartoons that they aired are Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Recess, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules, The Lion King’s Timon and Pumbaa, Fillmore and House of Mouse. It even got some cartoons from Disney Channel like The Proud Family, Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch: The Series and Phineas and Ferb.
- It had a "Big Movie Show" there, marathons, and of course, Jetix.
- Non-Disney owned companies like DiC Entertainment (Disney did own them at the time of Toon Disney’s launch) also aired their own shows on the channel, examples being Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sabrina: The Animated Series.
- One of the Disney Channel shows, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, became the first live-action that aired on the channel (not counting Power Rangers, since it had aired on Jetix).
- The website was also fun to play games or watched videos.
- While it was good, some cartoons weren't that great, especially Teamo Supremo.
- Bonkers is the under-hated show on Toon Disney until 2004.
- It was replaced by Disney XD on February 13, 2009.
- The 3 people who were the voice announcers are named Joe Alaskey, Jason Marsden, and Mikey Kelley and the other person is unknown.
- The 2 countries that showed Toon Disney, such as Germany and Italy, were the last ones to shut down, one was Germany that was shut down on April 15, 2010 and for Italy on October 1, 2011.