Jump to navigation Jump to search
Toon Disney was a 24-hour American cable television channel owned by The Walt Disney Company that aired mostly children's animated television series from 1998 to 2009.
Why It Rocks
- It first aired on April 18, 1998, as a spin-off of Disney Channel to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the former channel.
- Some good Disney cartoons that they aired are Recess, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules, The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa, Fillmore and House of Mouse. It even got some cartoons from Disney Channel like The Proud Family, Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch: The Series and Phineas and Ferb.
- It had a "Big Movie Show" there, marathons, and of course, Jetix.
- Non-Disney owned companies like DiC Entertainment (Disney did own them at the time of Toon Disney’s launch) also aired their own shows on the channel, examples being Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sabrina: The Animated Series.
- The French-Canadian computer animated show, Teletoon Advance was a great interstitial hit that was dubbed in English by The Ocean Group and Dan Krech Productions.
- The French-Japanese anime, Ōban Star-Racers was a great interstitial hit that was aired on Jetix in June 2006.
- One of the Disney Channel shows, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, became the first live-action that aired on the channel (not counting Power Rangers, since it had aired on Jetix).
- Joe Alaskey did a good job as the voice-over announcer.
- While it was good, some cartoons weren't that great, especially Teamo Supremo.
- It was replaced by Disney XD on February 13, 2009.