Transdimensional Turtles (TMNT 2012)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Transdimensional Turtles" is an episode of the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series that serves as a crossover between the 2012 series and the 1987 series.
Why It Rocks
- The original voice actors are back this time around unlike Turtles Forever.
- Lots of smart references and jokes related to the 1987 series, similar to Turtles Forever.
- A hilarious meta joke where 2012 Donnie and 1987 Raph acknowledge that Rob Paulsen voices both of them.
- Great interactions between 1987 Krang and 2012 Krang.
- The 1987 Turtles are seen in 3D for the first time.
- The 1987 Turtles aren't as flanderized as in Turtles Forever this time around and are competent fighters.
- In addition to the 1987 Turtles, the Mirage Turtles make a brief appearance.
- 1987 Krang looks awful in 3D and the 1987 Turtles in 3D often look creepy.
- The episode is normal length which doesn't allow the episode to do much.
- 1987 Shredder is nowhere to be found thanks to James Avery's death. Though he returns in the next crossover.
- While the Mirage cameo is awesome, only the Donatello's go to the Mirage universe and they also have no dialogue.
- The 2003 Turtles didn’t appear in this episode nor in it’s next crossover for some reason, possibly because they couldn't get the rights from 4Kids. Which is disappointing as it is considered to be the best incarnation of the franchise.