Trigun is an anime series by Madhouse based on the namesake manga series by Yasuhiro Nightow.
Why It Rocks
- The show has a good balance between a serious tone and a comedy tone, even if this was made many times before, It gives a new thing compared to other similar anime shows.
- The animation looks very good by late 1990's standards, and it aged well.
- Vash The Stampede (The main character) is very likable because he is a very smart and good-hearted person who tries to help others using a non-lethal force despite being a gunner.
- Meryl Stryfe and Milly Thompson are also likable and very supportive to Vash.
- Intense and well made action scenes.
- Marvelous character designs, especially for the villains.
- Awesome soundtrack which perfectly fits with the tone and the themes of the show and gives a good western vibe.
- The "next episode" segments often give good morals to the viewers.
- Great voice acting in both Japanese and dubbed versions.
- Some moments are sad such as the death of Nicholas D. Wolfwood.
- Kuroneko is adorable despite being just a running gag that has no propouse on the story
- Vash and Meryl can be jerks at times.
- The villains are less memorable than the main characters compared to the manga.
- The finale of the show was really rushed and dissapointing, not help by that fact that it is a incomplete adaptation that was made before the manga (Trigun and Trigun Maximum) were finished.
Despite the show being not very successful in Japan, it had a very good reception in the west by audiences and critics alike with the show having a 8.22 on MyAnimeList.