Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure
Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure (Japanese: トロピカル〜ジュ！プリキュア Hepburn: Toropika Rūju! Purikyua), is a Japanese magical girl anime series produced by Toei Animation as the 18th installment in Izumi Todo's Pretty Cure metaseries, featuring the 16th generation of Cures.
Why It Rocks
- The concept of make up, mermaids, club activities, & motiviation vs procastination works pretty well.
- Memorable and likeable characters like with the other Pretty Cure seasons.
- Manatsu/Cure Summer is the motivated protagonist.
- Sango/Cure Coral is not the cold one but shy instead due to her introvert personality.
- Minori/Cure Papaya is the cutest and her backstory makes people sympathise with her.
- Asuka/Cure Flamingo was cold and rejecting at first but became accepting as the episodes progress.
- Laura/Cure La Mer is well done right.
- Kururun is the cutest seal-like fairy who is Laura/Cure La Mer's pet friend.
- Stunning and appealing animation and art style, even for 2020s standards, which you would see in a typical Toei Animation show.
- Wonderfully and amazing CGI animated transformations.
- The opening and the CGI ending songs are catchy to listen to.
- The Witch Of Delays villains are creepy and intimidating villain.
- Laura who has Cure potential actually becomes a Cure something that Seika, Waon, Regina & Yui can't say.
- The voice acting is excellent, especially in the final episode where Manatsu actually breaks down crying when Laura had to go back to the ocean.
- In fact, Ai Fairouz got very emotional while she's recording her lines.
- There are some unlikable characters like Yuriko Shiratori and Masami Kakuta (which she's nothing but the female version of Henery Hawk and the never redeemed version of Reiko Kisaragi from Go! Princess Pretty Cure).
- Butler doesn't do much, he tells the villains to capture Motivation Powers instead of doing it himself, rendering him a lazy boss.
- A few bad episodes can end up in this season such as Confiscated! The Aqua Pot Is Not Allowed?!, and Combined Motivation! Pretty Cure Mix Tropical!(Depending on your view).
- Just like other Toei Animation shows, the animation can be little poor sometimes.
- There's also some of the faces are weird that are unintentionally hilarious unlike Looney Tunes Cartoons which has beautiful animation as well.