True Jackson, VP
True Jackson, VP is an American teen sitcom created by Andy Gordon that aired on Nickelodeon from November 8, 2008, to August 20, 2011.
Impressed by her no-nonsense style as she sells sandwiches outside his offices, fashion executive Max impulsively offers teenager True Jackson a dream job as vice president in charge of his youth apparel line. At first startled by the harsh office politics she encounters -- particularly with bitter and resentful older colleague Amanda -- True gets a handle on things once she realizes corporate life is no worse than swimming with the sharks in high school.
Why It Rocks
- The plot of the show was great, as it shows kids what it’s like to become a teenage VP (Vice President) of a fashion company.
- Tons of likable characters, such as True, Lulu, Ryan, Amanda, Jimmy, Oscar, and Max.
- Keke Palmer playing True Jackson was great.
- Many of the episodes are great and interesting, such as the one where True must make a tough choice between staying at work or going to school.
- Tons of heartwarming moments, like when True apologizes to Lulu and rehires her even after Lulu’s mess ups, as well as some of the couples in the show, for example, True and Jimmy.
- There are multiple guest stars who appear, such as John Cena, Natasha Bedingfield, and Willow Smith.
- Lots of humor and funny moments, such as the running gag with True saying "(you/she/he) (I/said/did) (there was) what now?".
- The theme song is very catchy
- It spawned a TV movie called: "True Jackson: Trapped in Paris" which was fantastic.
- Great backgrounds, such as the Mad Style Office.
- "Mystery in Peru" was a rather decent series finale.
- There are some mean-spirited moments here and there.
- Unfortunately, this TEENick show is not as memorable as the others.
- As always, there are bad episodes like "True Luck", "True Secret" and "The Gift".