W.I.T.C.H. is a French-American animated series produced by SIP Animation based on the Italian Disney comic-book series of the same name. It premiered on Toon Disney's Jetix block in the United States on December 18, 2004 and also aired on Jetix channels across the world.
Why It Rocks
- Amazing anime-esque animation.
- An easy to follow storyline adapted from the first 2 W.I.T.C.H. story arcs (Season 1 was adapted from The Twelve Portals, and Season 2 was adapted from Nerissa's Revenge.)
- Likable characters.
- Good music by SIP Animation composers Alain Garcia and Noam Kaniel. The European intro theme sung by Sabrina is also quite cool as well.
- Good range of voice artists voice both the main characters and supporting characters.
- The show doesn't shy away from dark and sad scenes (like when Matt and Shagon beat the girls up).
- The second season can get way too complex for some viewers and it sometimes doesn’t flow.
- It was planned to get a third season but it never materialized.