Weirdmaggedon (Gravity Falls)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Best Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Short page
Weirdmaggedon is the 18th, 19th, and 20th episodes of the second season of Gravity Falls. It serves as a 3-part series finale to the entire show.
PART I: Trapped in the apocalypse and menaced by villains new and old, Dipper finds himself in a race against time.
PART II: Dipper, Soos, and Wendy must save Mabel from a strange new world, while Bill's forces plan their next move.
PART III: Ford discovers Bill Cipher's true motives, the Mystery Shack crew forms a plan to fight back. A final confrontation with Bill leads to the Pines family's ultimate fate and greatest sacrifice.
Why It's Weird, But Awesome Finale
- It is considered to be one of the best series finales of all time, not far away from Sozin's Comet (Avatar: The Last Airbender's finale).
- A lot of great and memorable moments:
- The part where Wendy breaks Ghost-Eyes' arm is epic.
- There is a heartwarming scene where Mabel makes a heart for Dipper that says for my favorite brother.
- Stanford and Stanley switching clothes was clever.
- Lil' Gideon has a change of heart, and by the end, he is no longer evil!
- Dipper finally stands up to Bill.
- The episode gets pretty emotional.
- Hilarious moments, such as when Old Man McGucket asks Soos what an anime is.
- There's also a funny scene where Mabel shaves a piece of gum out of her hair.
- Stan defeats Bill for good. However, Bill may come back, as said in his final message.
- Heartwarming ending, where Dipper and Mabel say goodbye to all their friends, Soos becomes the new owner of the Mystery Shack, and Gideon has a change of heart as mentioned earlier.
- Part 3 is a 44-minute special, which summed by Parts 1 & 2 translates to 1 and a half hour.
- If you combined all three parts, including Dipper and Mabel vs The Future which is the start of Weirdmageddon, this will last 2 HOURS LONG, you can (almost) basically call it a trilogy at that point.
- Dippy Fresh can get annoying. To be fair, that was the whole point of the character.
- While the ending is a great send off to the series, some people do find the finale a bit rushed due to it’s lack of build up for the climax. If the series would’ve make a 3rd Season that focuses more on the build up. The ending of the finale would’ve been more fleshed out.