Welcome to the Wayne
Welcome to the Wayne is a Nickelodeon mystery cartoon. It premiered on July 24, 2017. It was initially a miniseries on the Nick website in 2014.
The Wayne, a New York apartment building, is unlike anything ever experienced. Ansi Molina, a newcomer to the residence, has lived in many different places with his family. Although he doesn't have many friends he is comforted by his books. Ansi is joined by Olly Timbers, who is the outgoing type, and Olly's 7 (later 8)-year-old sister, Saraline Timbers, who is skilled with technology and gadgets but is not taken seriously by the adults. The trio goes on many adventures, encountering strange and mysterious creatures that dwell in the Wayne. In the adventures the trio explores hidden rooms and comes in contact with special agents.
Why It Rocks
- Unique animation. The backgrounds are highly detailed, and the animation for the theme song is very fluid.
- Awesome voice acting, with voice talents such as Alanna Ubach.
- Great gags.
- Interesting storylines. This is one of the only Nickelodeon cartoons on right now to have a story arc. The show's overarching plot revolves around Ansi, Olly, and Saraline uncovering the mysteries of the Wayne.
- Has funny humor. For example, in the first episode, "Rise and Shine Sleepyhead": "ANSI: Bubbly pee? SARALINE: No, WP! Wayne phenomena!"
- Good character personalities, with Ansi learning about the Wayne, Olly being the dumb one, but a great friend to Ansi, and Saraline being the brat who bosses Ansi but still cares for him.
- The theme song is catchy and fun to listen to.
- The late-2014 miniseries that the show was based on was pretty good.
- Great character designs.
- Some moments that may scare children.
- Saraline can be annoying.
- Some toilet humor.