Winx Club (seasons 1-4)
Winx Club is an Italian animated television series created by Iginio Straffi and co-produced by Rainbow SpA and Nickelodeon. It is set in a magical universe that is inhabited by fairies, witches, and other mythical creatures. It premiered on January 28, 2004, becoming a ratings success in Italy and on Nickelodeon networks internationally.
The series follows the adventures of a group of girls known as the Winx, students at the Alfea College for Fairies, who turn into fairies to fight villains.
Perché queste stagioni regolano (Why These Seasons Rule)
- Outstanding theme songs such as Under the Sign of Winx, We are The Winx, Winx your Magic Now.
- Wonderful anime-esque animation and character designs with CGI animation.
- Terrific voice acting in German, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian and English.
- Likable characters, such as The Winx, The specialist, Mrs. Faragonda, Mrs.Grizelda and many more.
- Amazing plots.
- Very good soundtrack.
- Iconic OST.
- At times in the show it centers on Bloom and Stella's relationship as they are best friends.
- Fantastic stories such as Bloom’s quest to search for her birth parents in the first three seasons.
- From the following seasons, thanks to Bloom, things have positively now gone this way, especially for her parents and sister Daphne reunited together.
- The Cinélume dub is considered to be the best out of all the English dubs. Reasons is because it follows the exact translation of the original Italian scripts and it is completely uncut without edits or censorship.
- Season 3 is considered to be a fan favorite, thanks to Enchantix and Valtor.
- Lots of interesting villains such as the Trix, Lord Dakar, Valtor, and the Wizards of Black Circle.
- The Winx Club themselves are diverse in cultural backgrounds (Bloom, Stella, and Tecna are white Italians, Musa is Chinese, Flora is Latina, Aisha is Afro-Italian, and Roxy is Irish) and have memorable appearances.
- The seasons 5-8 have at times a positive impact.
- At times, for original Italian fans like you, the whole original show is considered the most hated, overrated and forgettable.
- While more proficient compared to Code Lyoko, the show doesn't possess a faithful resemblance to anime, as the character designs look more like dolls than realistic compared to most anime.
- Speaking of unrealistic, the character designs were criticized by some for being anorexic and raising body image issues, despite the art style being faded on fashion sketches.
- In the earlier seasons, the girls’ outfits are mostly revealing, often exposing their midriff. The biggest offender is Stella with a green tie in front crop top and an orange mini skirt.
- Some people find it cheesy.
- Some dialogue in the Nickelodeon dubs of Seasons 3 & 4 is awkward at best and absolutely ridiculous at worst, as it was desperately trying to be more suitable for younger audiences.
- It has unnecessary spin-offs that ruined the series.
- The show went downhill from Season 5 until the show's end.