Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku is a romance, comedy, romantic comedy, Japanese anime series. It's based on a manga series which was written by Fujita and published by Ichijinsha in the magazine Pxvit at first and then Comic Pool from November 6, 2015 to present, and it originally ran from April 17, 2014, and it has 5 volumes so far. After that came the anime adaptation. It was directed and written by Yoshimasa Hiraike, musically composed by Akimitsu Honma, and produced by Studio A-1 Pictures, and it originally aired from April 13, 2018 to June 22, 2018, and it lasted for 11 episodes in total.
Narumi, a female office worker who hides her fujoshi lifestyle, and Hirotaka, a handsome and capable company man who is secretly a game otaku. The two seem perfect for each other, but love is difficult for otaku.
Why It Rocks
- Decent animation.
- Outstanding comedy. The show is able to make great jokes not only out of the character's hobby, but also out of the two couples presented in the series.
- Very appealing art style and character designs.
- Unlike most Otaku pandering anime, this one is able to strike a balance. It does pander to Otaku, but not so much that it gets obnoxious.
- Good soundtrack.
- Surprisingly heartwarming and engaging romance. Both couples, those being Narumo Momose with Hirotaka Nifuji and Hanako Koyanagi with Taro Kabakura, are likable and have great chemistry, even though the series isn't primarily romance, it's primarily comedy.
- Great voice acting.
- Excellent balance between romance and comedy, a balance which very few romantic comedy are able to perfectly strike.