Yin Yang Yo!
Yin Yang Yo! is a flash animated television series created by Bob Boyle (who also created Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!) and produced by Jetix Animation Concepts. It is the third Jetix-original show. It first aired on August 26, 2006 as a sneak peek and premiered on September 4, 2006 on Jetix in the United States.
The show is about two rabbit twins named Yin and Yang that train under Master Yo, a grumpy old panda who is eventually revealed to be their biological father. They learn the sacred art of Woo Foo, a special type of martial arts that involves both might and magic. They must work together to save the world from evil villains and forces that want to destroy, corrupt, or take it over. However, through all these adventures, Yin and Yang still portray stereotypical siblings; belligerently antagonistic but still ultimately caring about each other and working together when needed.
Why It Rocks
- Like most Jetix/Disney XD shows, it has amazing and very unique animation and character designs.
- Decent action scenes.
- It shares many similarities with other action shows, such as Avatar: The Last Airbender, Samurai Jack, and Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, as they are also shows who have a very dark plot.
- Excellent humor, especially from Yin, Yang, and Yo themselves.
- Awesome theme song.
- Some episodes have very good morals.
- Above average voice acting and writing.
- Bob Boyle's cartoon career started with this show, and it was a pretty good start.
- Memorable villains.
- It got cancelled after two seasons despite its popularity.
- Yang is kind of a jerk.
- Not many people have heard about this show, meaning that it didn't gain much popularity.
- Some gross out humor.
- The animation can be cheap at times.